Welcome to NECON, a not-for-profit, non-partisan organization that serves as a vehicle for the development and enhancement of disease prevention and health promotion public policies and practices in New England. Explore our site to learn more about NECON activities and contact us if you would like to participate in shaping a healthier New England.
ecember 16, 2008 ...
26th Annual NECON Conference on Promoting Prevention - "Prevention: The Ultimate Cost Containment Strategy and a Key to Affordable Universal Healthcare in America"
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Kenneth E. Thorpe, Chair of the Department of Health Policy and Management at Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University.
January 15, 2008 ...
Health Department Presents Community Partnership Award To Bert Yaffe, Leader of NECON
June 2006 ...
National Obesity Action Forum Designates NECON Strategic Plan as Model for Nation
DECEMBER 16, 2008: 26th Annual NECON Conference on Promoting Prevention - "Prevention: The Ultimate Cost Containment Strategy and a Key to Affordable Universal Healthcare in America"
NOVEMBER 30 & DECEMBER 1, 2006: New England College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine and the MA Assoc of Occupational Health Nurses Annual Conference - "Looking Ahead: Emerging Challenges in Occupational and Environmental Medicine"
OCTOBER 28, 2005: 25th Annual NECON Conference on Promoting Prevention - "Creating an Ethic of Prevention in New England"
OCTOBER 25, 2005: Collaborative Forum Sponsored by Massachusetts Partnership for Healthy Weight and NECON
OCTOBER 8, 2004: 24th Annual NECON Conference on Promoting Prevention - "The Science of Prevention"
JUNE 11, 2004: Strategic Plan For The Prevention and Control of Overweight and Obesity in New England Implementation Conference
APRIL 28, 2004: New England Healthy Weight Collaborative Steering Group Meeting
APRIL 26, 2004: NECON Conference - "Evidence-Based Programs For The Promotion of Mental Health and Prevention of Mental Illness and Substance Abuse"
MARCH 31-APRIL 3, 2003: 2003 CDC Diabetes Translation Conference - "Public Health Approaches Linking Diabetes Health Care, Education & Communities"
FEBRUARY 11, 2003: NECON Obesity Control & Physical Activity Forum
OCTOBER 22, 2002: 2002 Annual NECON Regional Conference - "Marketing Prevention for Societal Health"
AUGUST 26, 2002: New England Governors' Conference
NOVEMBER 27, 2001: Legislative Seminar
OCTOBER 16, 2001: Annual NECON Regional Conference - "Health Promotion, Disease Prevention, and Medicine - Putting Our Acts Together"
SEPTEMBER 13, 2001: State Health Action Forum - Western MA Conference
AUGUST 7, 2001: 2001 New England Governors' Conference
MAY 4, 2001: Planning Meeting for State Health Action Forum - Western MA Conference
MAY 3, 2001: NECON Mental Health Task Force Meeting
APRIL 9, 2001: Planning Meeting for Western MA Conference
MARCH 15, 2001: NECON Working Group Meeting
FEBRUARY 21, 2001: Planning Meeting for MA State Health Action Forum
OCTOBER 18, 2000: Annual NECON Regional Conference - "Beginning The Century of Prevention"
SEPTEMBER 22, 2000: New England Governors' Conference
OCTOBER 20, 1999: Annual NECON Regional Conference - "Medicine, Managed Care and Public Health: Creating Partnerships for Prevention"
OCTOBER 5, 1999: New England Governors' Conference
OCTOBER 22, 1998: Annual NECON Regional Conference "Prevention Initiatives in the Evolving Health Care
- JANUARY 18, 2006: Co-Sponsored Rhode Island Overweight & Obesity Summit Conference to initiate Healthy Eating & Physical Activity Program at Warwick, RI.
- 2006 TBA: New Hampshire State Health Action Forum to implement NECON/HSPH Strategic Plan to Prevent Overweight in New England.
- Proceedings of the 25th Annual NECON Conference: Creating an Ethic of Prevention in New England (October 28, 2005)
(PDF/182K; posted 01-24-2006)
- Prevention Works: Proceedings of a New England Regional Conference on Evidence-Based Programs for the Promotion of Mental Health and Prevention of Mental and Substance Abuse Disorders
(April 26, 2004)
- Proceedings of the 24th Annual NECON Conference: The Science of Prevention
(October 8, 2004)
- Executive Summary of 24th Annual NECON Conference: The Science of Prevention (October 8, 2004)
- Integrated Recommendations and Action Items of the Strategic Plan and Woodstock Summit Conference
PROCEEDINGS & PRESENTATIONS
- Proceedings of the New England Regional Conference: Preventing & Controlling Obesity in New England — A Strategic Plan
- Preventing & Controlling Obesity in New England — A Strategic Plan
CLICK HERE (PDF/289K)
- Proceedings of the New England Regional Conference: "Marketing Prevention For Societal Health"
(October 22, 2002)
CLICK HERE (PDF/49K)
- November 2001 Mental Health Task Force Legislative Seminar Report
CLICK HERE (PDF/56K)
- August 2001 Mental Health Task Force Report - "The Time Is Now"